As Maria Robinson once said, “No one can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new end.” There is nothing that could be closer to the truth. But before you can begin this transformation procedure you have to stop doing the things that have been pushing you back. She could not help thinking how true many of them are and the specifics are especially suited for those of us who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and other devastating conditions.
And when you stop chasing the wrong things, you’re giving the right things the chance to catch you.
Here are some ideas to get started:
1. Stop spending time with the wrong people. – Life is really too short to spend time with people who eliminate happiness from you. And if someone wants you in their life, they will create space for you. You never have to fight for a place. Never, never engage with someone who constantly overlooks your value. And never forget that it is not the people who are at your side when you are at your best, but those who are at your side, even when you are at your worst and who are your true friends.
2. Stop running from your problems.- No, it will never be easy to face your problems. There is no one in the world capable of perfectly handling every blow thrown at them. We are not supposed to be able to solve problems immediately. This is not how they made us. Actually, they just made us feel disappointed, hurt, sad, stumble and fall. Because that is the true purpose of living: learning, facing problems, adapting and solving them over time. This is what eventually throws us into the person we become.
3. Stop lying to yourself. – Even if you can lie to anyone in the whole world, but you can not lie to yourself. Our lives only progress when we take a risk and the first and most difficult opportunity we can take is to be honest with ourselves.
4. Stop putting your own needs on the back burner. – Losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too, is the most painful thing. Help others, but also help yourself. In case there is a time to follow your wishes and do something that really matters to you, then that moment is now.
5 . Stop trying to be someone you are not. – Being yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else, is one of the biggest challenges in life. Someone will always be more attractive, someone will always be smarter, and someone will always be younger, but it can never be you. Therefore, do not change so that people like it. Just be yourself and the right people will always love the real you.
6. Stop trying to cling to the past. – You can not start the next chapter of your life if you keep reading the last one again.
7. Stop being afraid of making a mistake. – Doing something wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing. Every success has a trail of catastrophes behind it, and every failure is leading to success. In the end you regret the things you did not do much more than the things you did.
8 . Stop berating yourself for old mistakes. – Maybe we love the wrong person and we cry about the wrong things, but no matter how things go wrong, one thing will always be sure that mistakes help us find the person and the things that are right for us. We all have struggles, we make mistakes and we even regret the things of our past. But we are not our mistakes, we are not our struggles, and we are here with the authority to shape our day and our future. Because everything that has happened to us in our life is preparing us for a moment that is to come.
9. Stop trying to buy happiness. – A lot of things we want are expensive. But in reality, the things that really satisfy us are actually totally free: happiness, laughter, love and work in our desires.
10. Stop looking exclusively for others for happiness. – In case you are not happy with who you are inside, then you will not be happy in a long-term relationship with anyone else. You just have to establish constancy in your own life first, before you can share it with another person.
11 . Stop being inactive – Do not think too much or you will create a problem that was not even there in the first place. Evaluate situations and take decisive measures. You can not change what you refuse to face. Making progress involves risks. Period! You can not get to second base with your foot in the first place.
12. Stop thinking you’re not ready. – No one is totally ready when an opportunity arises. Because most of the great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means that you will not feel completely comfortable at first.
13 . Stop getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons. – Each relationship must be chosen intelligently. It is better to be alone than to be in bad company. There is no need to hurry at all. If something is meant to be, it will happen eventually – at the right time, with the right person, and for the best of reasons. You have to fall in love when you’re ready, and not when you’re alone.
14 . Stop rejecting new relationships just because the old ones did not work. – In real life you will realize that there is always a purpose for everyone you once knew. Some will only prove you, others will use you and others will surely teach you. But the most important thing is that some will get the best out of you.
15 . Stop trying to compete against everyone else. – You do not have to worry about what others are doing better than you. Think about defeating your own records every day. Success is just a battle between you and yourself.
16 . Stop being jealous of others. – Jealousy is just the art of including the blessings of another person instead of yours. Ask yourself this thing that what is something that I have that everyone wants.
17 . Stop complaining and feel sorry for yourself. – The curved balls of life are thrown for a reason – to change your path in a direction that is meant for you. You may not see or understand everything at the time it happens, and it can be difficult. But reflect again on the negative curve balls thrown at you in the past. You will often see that they finally took you to a better place, person, mood, or situation. Then smile! Let everyone know that today you are much stronger than you were yesterday, and you will be.
18 . Stop having grudges – Live your life with only love in your heart. Otherwise you end up harming yourself more than the people you just hate. Saying you did it to me is fine, it does not mean forgiveness. It means that I’m not going to let what you did to me devastate my happiness and joys forever. Forgiveness is the answer … find peace, let go, just let yourself go! And remember that forgiveness is not just for other people, but it is for you too. If you have to forgive yourself, just go ahead and try to do it right the next time.
19. Stop letting others take you to their level. – Refuses to lower their values for those who refuse to raise theirs.
20 . Stop wasting time explaining to others. – Your friends never need it and your enemies will never believe it in any case. Just follow your heart and believe that what you know in your heart is right.
21 . Stop doing the same things over and over again without taking a break. – The right time to take a deep breath is when you do not have time for it. If you keep doing what you normally do, then you will continue to receive what you always get. And sometimes you have to distance yourself to see things clearly.
22 . Stop looking at the beauty of the little moments. – Always enjoy the little things because they are the ones that really matter, and one day you can look back and find that they were big things. The best part of your life will be the little unnamed moments you spend smiling with someone you care about.
23. Stop trying to make things perfect. – The real world never rewards the perfectionists, only reward the people who do things.
24. Stop following the path of least resistance. – Life will never be easy, especially when you plan to get something worthwhile. Therefore, do not take the easy way out. Do something amazing.
25 . Stop acting as if everything was fine if it was not. – It’s okay to fall apart a moment. You do not always have to pretend to be strong, and there is no need to continually prove that everything is working well. You do not have to be worried about what other people are thinking right – cry if you want – it’s healthy to shed tears. The sooner you do it, the sooner you will be able to smile again.
26 . Stop accusing others for your problems. – The degree to which you can achieve your dreams only depends on the extent to which you take responsibility for your life. When you blame others for what you are going through, you deny responsibility. You only give power to others over that part of your life.
27 . Stop trying to be everything for everyone. – It’s impossible to do it, and trying will only hurt you. But just making a person smile can change the world. Maybe not everyone, but their world. So narrow your focus.
28 . Stop worrying so much. – The worry will not remove tomorrow from its burdens, it will only deprive today of its joy. One way to make sure that if something is worth thinking about is asking this question: “Will this be a question in a year? 3 years? Five can be? “If not, then it does not deserve anguish.
29 . Stop pointing to what you do not want to happen. – Always point to what you want to happen. Being positive is at the forefront of every glorious success story. If you wake up every morning thinking that something wonderful is going to happen in your life today, then you pay attention, often you will find that you are right.
30 . Stop being ungrateful – In spite of how worthy or ruthless you have it, you must wake up every day grateful for your life. Somewhere someone is desperately fighting for their lives. Instead of thinking about what you lack, try to think about what you have.